|Reports To||Manager Communications|
|Function/Department||Resource Mobilization / Marketing|
The primary role of the Communications Officer is to follow and implement the communications plan to build on Patients’ Aid Foundation’s (PAFND) profile and public recognition. The selected candidate shall be involved in multiple projects, activities and initiatives for extending support to internal and external stakeholders for community outreach, public relations, digital marketing, volunteers engagement and brand management. The right candidate should have exceptional communications skills (both written and verbal), must be flexible, possess the ability to multi-task and adapt to abrupt changes in programs at short notices. Should be quick in understanding, keen in taking instructions and possess the willingness to improvise and grow.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implementing the annual communications plan
- Working on different campaigns and activities that engage the organizations’ internal and external stakeholders and leads them to measurable action.
- Use communications tools to create momentum and awareness and, test the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Assist in the distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to newsletters, brochures, and PAFND’s website
- Manage, coordinate with and maintain good relations with all partners, media and vendors
- Manage and maintain communication with schools, colleges, universities and other stakeholders to grow the volunteer program, encourage participation and keep the volunteer network connected.
- Research/prepare communication materials including but not limited to presentations, fact sheets, blog posts, campaigns, forms, letters and reports
- Plan, conduct and document activities for relevant visits, opportunities and events
- Coordinate with different departments within JPMC as necessary to implement and execute the volunteer program
- Increase awareness and presence by bringing attention to the organizational story and its new projects and report the progress periodically.
Qualifications and Skills required include:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably from an accredited institution
- At least 6 months of relevant experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in using computers (MS Office and Internet)
- Ability to plan and organize work schedules within tight deadlines.
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.