Volunteer Services Committee
Resource Mobilization / Marketing
The communications Manager will have specific responsibilities for day to day communications activities, such as brand management, website maintenance, social media posts, managing the photo library and merchandising.
As part of external stakeholder engagement the communications manager will also be responsible for coordinating volunteer activities for the Foundation. This involves community outreach initiatives to attract volunteers and develop activities and programmes for volunteer engagement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement and evaluate the annual communications plan
- Lead the generation of online content that engages the organizations’ internal and external stakeholders and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where and when to disseminate.
- Put communications tools in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Manage the development, distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to newsletters, brochures, and PAF’s website.
- Manage all media contacts and vendors.
- Develop, implement and evaluate the volunteer activities plan
- Manage all communications with schools, universities and other stakeholders participating in the volunteer activities. This includes creation and dissemination of communication materials including presentations.
- Coordinate with different departments within JPMC to develop and implement the volunteer programme.
- Maintain all documentation for volunteer activities.
- Increase social media publicity by linkage and management of all social media pages such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Increase awareness and presence by bringing attention to new projects and reporting the progress periodically. Also reiterate PAF’s past successes and on going work
- BBA degree preferably from an accredited institution
- At least three years of relevant experience (Preferably NGO)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in using computers (MS Office and Internet)
- Basic level of graphic designing would be an advantage
- Strong command over spoken and written English
- Sound organizing and multi-tasking skills